Last week I got the first shot of covaxin, the corona vaccine developed by Bharat Serum in collaboration with Govt. of India. The vaccine is good and I had very mild symptoms thereafter and was completely normal next morning. Here are some precautions, I would advice to others:
- Do take a light breakfast and try to get vaccinated first thing in the morning.
- Keep Afternoon free as there may be adverse effect.
- It takes about one hour as after giving vaccination shot, a person is kept under observation for 30 minutes.
- In my 30 minutes observation time no body reported any problem, including myself.
- People have complained stomachache, fever and even vomiting. It is normal. After all an alien micro-virus is inserted into blood stream.
- There was a general fatigue, which I did experience and slept heavily in the afternoon and at night. Next morning it was fine.
So please go out and take your shot. Register yourself on Aarogya Setu or the official portal. This is the link to the official portal.
However as I have noticed it, prior appointment is not necessary at all. Just walk in to the nearest vaccination center with aadhar card and get the shot. No questions asked.
There is no charge in Government operated centers. At private vaccination centers, there is a charge of Rs. 250/- only.
Cause of lower corona infection in Asia:
SARS-CoV-2 was first reported from China. Within three months, it evolved to 10 additional subtypes. Two evolved subtypes (A2 and A2a) carry a non-synonymous Spike protein mutation (D614G).
A new study:
A phylodynamic analysis of over 70,000 SARS-CoV-2 coronaviruses worldwide, sequenced until July2020, and found that the mutant sub-type (614G) out competed the pre-existing type (614D), significantly faster in Europe and North-America than in East Asia. A study has concluded that:
Treatment of Covid-19:
Ministry of Health, Government of India has issued a complete protocol yesterday. It lays down the steps to be followed from detection to treatment of Corona virus. These instructions incorporate all previous instructions issued by Ministry, from time to time.
Click to access ClinicalManagementProtocolforCOVID19dated27062020.pdf
Yog Guru Ramdev, promoter and face of Patanjali had yesterday launched a medicine for Covid-19. The medicine is named ‘Coronil’. It is claimed that in trial 69% patients were cured in 3 days and all the patients (100%) were cured in seven days.
The Ministry of Ayush distanced itself and advised Patanjali not to make outrageous claims through advertisements.
Ministry of Ayush issued a press statement which partially reads:
“Ministry of AYUSH has taken cognizance of the news being recently flashed in the media about Ayurvedic medicines developed for treatment of COVID-19 by Patanjali Ayurved Ltd, Haridwar (Uttrakhand). Facts of the claim and details of the stated scientific study are not known to the Ministry.