Last week I got the first shot of covaxin, the corona vaccine developed by Bharat Serum in collaboration with Govt. of India. The vaccine is good and I had very mild symptoms thereafter and was completely normal next morning. Here are some precautions, I would advice to others:
- Do take a light breakfast and try to get vaccinated first thing in the morning.
- Keep Afternoon free as there may be adverse effect.
- It takes about one hour as after giving vaccination shot, a person is kept under observation for 30 minutes.
- In my 30 minutes observation time no body reported any problem, including myself.
- People have complained stomachache, fever and even vomiting. It is normal. After all an alien micro-virus is inserted into blood stream.
- There was a general fatigue, which I did experience and slept heavily in the afternoon and at night. Next morning it was fine.
So please go out and take your shot. Register yourself on Aarogya Setu or the official portal. This is the link to the official portal.
However as I have noticed it, prior appointment is not necessary at all. Just walk in to the nearest vaccination center with aadhar card and get the shot. No questions asked.
There is no charge in Government operated centers. At private vaccination centers, there is a charge of Rs. 250/- only.