Activities permitted during Unlock 3 period outside the Containment
In areas outside the Containment Zones, all activities will be permitted,
except the following:
- Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will remain closed till 31S August, 2020. Online/ distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
(Note: Yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to function from 5th
August 2020 for which, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Metro Rail.
- Social political sports entertainment/ academic cultural religious functions and other large congregations.
Dates for re-starting the above activities may be decided separately and necessary SOPs shall be issued for ensuring social distancing and to contain the spread of COVID-19
Thus the Centre has done away with the night curfew that restricted non-essential movement during specified post-daylight hours under Unlock 1 and Unlock 2 and allowed gymnasiums and yoga institutes to open in non-containment areas from August 5 but the lockdown restrictions will continue to apply in all containment zones across the country till August 31.
Full details of Unlock 3 as issued y Ministry of Home is hereunder:
The much awaited Education policy which was being debated for past about five years is announced. It’s highlights are:
1. Present school structure of 10+2 is dropped and will be replaced by new school structure will be 5+3+3+4 which means that upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School, 12 onwards Graduation.
2. University Graduation Degree will be 4 years.
3. From 6th std onwards vocational courses available and ten days internship in local trade will be mandatory.
4. From 8th to 11 students can choose optional subjects. Present system of science or arts stream will be abolished. All graduation course will have major and minor
Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. A student of cookery can have chemistry as minor subject.
5. New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change,
6. New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children upto 3 years in home and for pre school 3 to 6.
7. All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year,
8. The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only to discourage cramming syllabus with more focus on practical training and application knowledge,
9. There shall be one regulator and higher education will be governed by only one authority. UGC AICTE will be merged.
10. All Universities government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules. Same level of Accreditation be given to every collage, based on its rating irrespective of ownership structure of college. Each collage will get autonomous rights and funds. Present system of affiliation of Colleges with Universities will be gradually phased out.
Kargil Vijay Diwas, named after the successful Operation Vijay, is celebrated in India on 26 July. On this date in 1999 India successfully took command of the high outposts which had been possessed by Pakistan surreptitiously at the end of winter.
The Kargil War
The Kargil war was fought for more than 60 days, ended on 26 July and resulted in loss of life on both the sides. Pakistan however disowned it’s soldiers and refused to take back their mortal remains. In this war 527 soldiers from Indian Armed Forces made supreme sacrifice of their life to make it possible.
The war ended with India regaining control of all the previously held territory, hence re-establishing the state existing before the war.
The Wikipedia entry is a Jihadi attempt to distort the facts. Hence this post is aimed at correcting the mischievous entry.
Prime Minister’s speech today:
My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today, is the 26th of July, a very special day…It is Kargil Vijay Diwas. It was on this very day 21 years ago, our Army unfurled the flag of victory in the battle of Kargil. Friends, India can never forget the circumstances under which the battle of Kargil took place. Pakistan had embarked upon this misadventure, nursing delusions of encroaching upon Indian soil, to distract attention from the internal strife prevailing there. India was then in the process of making efforts to foster good relations with Pakistan. But as it is said,
“बयरु अकारन सब काहू सों।
जो कर हित अनहित ताहू सों।।”
Which means, to the wicked, enmity with one and all for no reason comes naturally. People with such a disposition keep thinking of harming even their well-wishers… that is why when India extended a hand of friendship, Pakistan tried to respond, stabbing in the back. But after that, when our gallant Army displayed deeds of valour, when India demonstrated her might the whole world watched it. You can imagine….the enemy lodged in soaring mountainous heights and our armed forces, our brave soldiers fighting from down below! But it was not about victoriously conquering the heights…
Secretary Pompeo chose the Nixon Presidential Library to condemn China. It was a strange way to apologize for the Nixon’s efforts to open up relations with China. However overtly Pompeo praised Nixon’s efforts to bring China into the community of nations but he warned that time has come to put a stop to this madness of expectation without progress.
Pompeo confessed about the dangers Communist ideology poses to the world and sought to reestablish America’s democratic principles, saying the country will never bow before Beijing. He said:
“My goal today is to put it all together for the American people and detail what the China threat means for our economy, for our liberty, and indeed for the future of free democracies around the world.
Next year marks half a century since Dr. Kissinger’s secret mission to China, and the 50th anniversary of President Nixon’s trip isn’t too far away in 2022.
The world was much different then. We imagined engagement with China would produce a future with bright promise of comity and cooperation.
But today – today we’re all still wearing masks and watching the pandemic’s body count rise because the CCP failed in its promises to the world. We’re reading every morning new headlines of repression in Hong Kong and in Xinjiang.
We’re seeing staggering statistics of Chinese trade abuses that cost American jobs and strike enormous blows to the economies all across America, including here in southern California. And we’re watching a Chinese military that grows stronger and stronger, and indeed more menacing.
Not surprisingly, Secretary Pompeo too had many questions e.g.:
What do the American people have to show now 50 years on from engagement with China? Did the theories of our leaders that proposed a Chinese evolution towards freedom and democracy prove to be true? Is this China’s definition of a win-win situation? And indeed, centrally, from the Secretary of State’s perspective, is America safer? Do we have a greater likelihood of peace for ourselves and peace for the generations which will follow us?
The curious aspect is the dog. But dog did not bark, said Watson. That is the point.
Media is silent:
Chinese army was supposed to move back and it did except at Penang Lake area. Both sides have deployed armies in Lake area. American satellites show that China has deployed long range artillery guns. It has also build 26 new camps. It has also set up 22 new support bases.
China has put up a field hospital beyond finger 8 area. It may be noted that weather is getting worse and Chinese armies are not acclamitised for the lo oxygen mountain weather. China has also built two helipads in the area.