The much awaited Education policy which was being debated for past about five years is announced. It’s highlights are:
1. Present school structure of 10+2 is dropped and will be replaced by new school structure will be 5+3+3+4 which means that upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School, 12 onwards Graduation.
2. University Graduation Degree will be 4 years.
3. From 6th std onwards vocational courses available and ten days internship in local trade will be mandatory.
4. From 8th to 11 students can choose optional subjects. Present system of science or arts stream will be abolished. All graduation course will have major and minor
Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. A student of cookery can have chemistry as minor subject.
5. New Teacher Training board will be setup for all kinds of teachers in country, no state can change,
6. New Basic learning program will be created by government for parents to teach children upto 3 years in home and for pre school 3 to 6.
7. All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year,
8. The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only to discourage cramming syllabus with more focus on practical training and application knowledge,
9. There shall be one regulator and higher education will be governed by only one authority. UGC AICTE will be merged.
10. All Universities government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have same grading and other rules. Same level of Accreditation be given to every collage, based on its rating irrespective of ownership structure of college. Each collage will get autonomous rights and funds. Present system of affiliation of Colleges with Universities will be gradually phased out.
If you do not know Hindi, do not bother, everything here is only about depletion of standards of Hindi language.
मैं और हिन्दी:
हिन्दी मेरी मात्र भाषा नहीं है । मेरे माता पिता आपस में पंजाबी में बात करते थे परन्तु हम बच्चों से हिन्दी में बात करते थे । मज़े की बात यह है कि पंजाबी मैंने दोस्तों से हाई स्कूल में सीखी । मैं अपने को कोई हिन्दी प्रेमी नहीं कहूँगा । मुझे संसकि्रत और उर्दू ज़्यादा आकर्षित करती है । परन्तु लुप्त होती हिन्दी के बारे में कोई चर्चा ना देख के मुझे ही पहल करनी पड़ रही है । मज़े की बात यह है हिन्दी मे टाईप करना आईफ़ोन के कुंजीपटल के कारण संम्भव हो पाया है।
A College or Museum.
Amity School of Engineering and Technology is situated at urban village of Bijwasan, near Dwarka, Delhi. It is affiliated with GGS Indraprastha University of Delhi.
Presently Colleges and Universities in India have no rating or ranking system in India. Therefore the reputation is often weighed on the basis of merit cut off of students and placements.
However the first impression is often the last impression. Amity as an Engineering College also offers Courses in Computer Science and information technology. The website of Amity lists the configuration of computers in its lab on its website.
The most modern computer is listed as 266 MHz speed with 32 MB RAM and 5 GB Hard disk. That was the configuration which stopped rolling out of factories in year 2000 if not earlier.
Yes the lab if it has such computers is a museum. Because these machines existed only before Window XP came into being. Of course headless Linux can run on these ancient machines.
So is it true that this College has these ancient machines and are actually teaching on these machines?
Flip Flop by Delhi University on FYUP!
Delhi University scrapped Four Year Undergraduate Program!
A year back, Delhi University had started B.Tech and BMS Courses as Four Year Undergraduate Program. Now after the program had run one year, if was forced to scrap it. As a compromise the existing students will go on to complete the four-year course and would get their degree. The larger question is what shall be worth of such degree? Presumably nothing.
Delhi University Four Years Under Graduate Program Brochure 2014
Dictate of UGC under the watch of Government.
Delhi University had started B.Tech and BMS Courses as Four Year Undergraduate Program last year and this year i.e. 2014, it had planned to increase the duration of all its undergraduate courses to four years. The move to scrap all the courses came under the dictate of University Grant Commission which claimed that four-year undergraduate program (FYUP) was in conflict with the National Policy of Education. This policy was first framed in 1968. It was changed and reframed in 1986 and was last amended in 1992. The link provided above is last version of the said policy published in 1998 and is official version of Government. It appears UGC is reading something in Policy which is not there. Let us read what these policies laid down.
1968 Education Policy:
1968 education policy was a small document. Clause 17 is relevant and as under: Continue reading
What it should feel being alive?
What is education?
Ability to read and write? Ability to acquire skill? Ability to make a living? Ability to live life without perturbation? What is it? A graduate or even post-graduate can’t answer this question. I asked many. An educated having acquired a degree in philosophy has no answer of his own. The views crammed in the course of acquiring education are no answers.
What is knowledge?
Knowledge is a fleeting boom. It is the last kiss of springs. It is last goodbye of fall. An adieu to observation. It needs to be renewed every season. And that season happens to be every day.
Click here to read more about the role of formal education in living.