Few interesting facts about governors of Reserve Bank of India, received through what’s app: (can’t vouch authencity but if true it is interesting)
How many of you know that Dr ManMohan Singh didn’t complete his 3 yr term as the RBI Governor as the then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi had removed him on January 14, 1985.Dr Singh remained in office for 2 yrs 4 months.
Pseudo experts should explain why Rajiv Gandhi Kicked out MMS.
Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi appointed Chairman of Allahabad Bank Amitav Ghosh as RBI Governor, replacing Manmohan Singh but sacked the new Governor in mere 20 days.
Yes, you heard it right …. just in 20 days.
Apart from BA & MA
Shaktikanta Das is
– Financial Management from IIM B
– CT from IIM Calcutta
– DBIC from NIBM
– Dip. in Project Mgt from ASCI
– Secretary in Eco Affairs, GOI
– Sec, Dept. of Expenditure, GOI
– Revenue Secretary 2014 -15
– Eco Affairs Secretary 2015- 2017
Please Note :
In Congress Rule…..
1) One of India’s longest serving RBI governors – Mr D Subbarao was a B Sc Physics (Hons) and M Sc Physics.. god knows why such stupid issues get picked up and debated.
2) RBI Governor S. Venkitaramanan was Masters in Physics and CD Deshmukh whom Nehru later made FM was graduate in Natural Sciences.
3) Check the history of past 25 RBI Governors. Out of the 25, most were from IAS cadres and Chief Secretaries. Only less than 5 were real economists / Doctorate.
4) One of the most known RBI governor Mr. Bimal Jalan was also a MA (Hist).